- Brad is a transplant from NOLA and the co-owner of York Street CrossFit. He is a master electrician by trade and owner of Mile High Electric. He loves CrossFit and is the most seasoned, aka Oldest, athlete of the YSCF crew.
- Michelle has been a transplant to Colorado from Virginia since 2004. She has a B.S. in Human Foods, Nutrition, and Exercise from Virginia Tech. Having always been very interested in nutrition, anatomy, and movement, upon moving to Colorado, Michelle quickly found a passion for yoga. She loved the flowing dance, sweat, the physical capabilities, and goals she was able to achieve through her yoga practice. In 2005 she received her 200 YRT Certification in Vinyasa Flow. She began her teaching journey in 2006 with Seasons, Mind, Body, Fitness (now Qi Functional Movement Facilities) as a spin yoga instructor. Taking a hiatus from teaching in 2010 to present, allowed Michelle to nurture her new role as a mother to her and Brad's daughter Lillian. On her hiatus, she continued her exploration in yoga as a student and began to explore the world of CrossFit. Newly certified in CrossFit Level 1, Michelle is excited to start a new journey assisting athletes by enhancing their CrossFit performance through the practice of yoga.
Jason grew up on the south side of Chicago playing sports for much of his life. He attended the University of Colorado (Boulder) and graduated with a degree in Finance. After college, Jason spent 4.5 years as a Professional Futures Trader at the Chicago Board of Trade. Jason is an Attorney and an Investment Manager for Forecast Capital Management LLC. Jason has been CrossFitting since 2008 and has been coaching athletes for half of those years. He loves CrossFit for the challenge and for the joy it brings to his family's life. Jason enjoys playing golf, snowboarding, wakeboarding, downhill mountain biking, and drinking copious amounts of Colorado Craft Beer. Cheers!
- Jen grew as an Indiana Hoosier playing many sports throughout her younger years, volleyball, basketball, and track. She attended Purdue University to pursue her dream of educating kids with special needs. After teaching high school and middle school kids, Jen decided to continue her education and received her Masters degree in Early Childhood Special Education from Northeastern Illinois University. She has been a special education teacher for 10 years, with the last 5 years in the Cherry Creek School District. Her experience is vast working with ages (Early Childhood to high school) and abilities (intervention/Learning Disabilities to severe needs). Jen is a mom of 2 kids ages two and four years. She is a CrossFit level 1 coach and also specializes in coaching the ladies only classes.
Andrew, originally from Illinois, moved to Denver with his fiancé to take advantage of the active Colorado lifestyle. He first discovered and used Crossfit as supplemental conditioning work for competitive Brazillion Jiujitsu but soon fell in love with the challenges, effectiveness and camaraderie of Crossfit. He eventually made the switch from the corporate world as a Software Auditor to being a fulltime Crossfit coach in Chicago for the past three years. He is a strong believer in constantly learning and honing his craft in order to help athletes reach their fullest potential.
Certification and Seminars
- Crossfit Level 2
- Crossfit Level 1
- Crossfit Movement and Mobility Trainer Course
- USA Weightlifting Level 1
- USA Track & Field Level 1
- Eleiko Olympic Lifting and Program Design
- UCanRow2 Indoor Rowing Certification
- Freestyle Movement Connection Seminar with Carl Paoli FuBarbell
- Biomechanics of Weightlifting Seminar Attitude Nation Level 1 Seminar with Jon North Juggernaut
- Powerlifting Clinic with Brandon Lill
Jess is a Denver transplant who was born and raised on Long Island, New York. Jess has been involved in athletics since the age of 3 and played Division I Lacrosse for the University of Cincinnati Bearcats. Jess then went to earn her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Stony Brook University and is a full-time pediatric physical therapist, working with children with special needs throughout the Denver area. She loves using her knowledge of anatomy, kinesiology, and rehabilitation to help the athletes at York Street CrossFit achieve their goals. In her spare time, Jess can be found exploring the wonderful mountains and breweries of Colorado with her soon-to-be husband (and YSCF member), Branson, Certifications: Doctor of Physical Therapy, Licensed Colorado Physical Therapist, CrossFit Level 1 Trainer, AHA AED/CPR certified.
Erich was born and raised in Joliet, IL. He was a multi-spor t athlete until he decided
to focus on swimming which led to an athletic scholar ship to The Ohio State
Univer sity. Ashoulder injury forced him into ear ly retirement from competitive
swimming, but allowed him the oppor tunity to move to Denver and finish his college
education atMetro State Univer sity. Now he is happilymar r ied to Car ly and a proud
father of two children,Ender and Finley. During his recovery days from CrossFit,
you may find him golfing, sur fing, hiking or scuba diving.
Lucas grew up in Texas and was first exposed to barbell training and the ideas behind CrossFit as a rugby player at Rice University. He began CrossFitting in 2008, and started coaching at CrossFit 9 in St Petersburg, Florida in 2011. He opened CrossFit Manatee in Bradenton, Florida in 2012, and trained a wide variety of clients, from high school athletes to grandmothers. Lucas is excited to bring his passion for helping people become the best versions of themselves to York Street CrossFit. When he’s not in the gym, Lucas can be found reading a cheesy sci-fi novel, having a glass of wine with his wife, Kim, or going for a stroll with his dog, Freyja.
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
- USAW Level 1 Sport Performance Coach
- CrossFit Movement and Mobility Trainer
- Web was born in South Bronx, New York and moved to Oak Park, Illinois
in 1976. He started gymnastics in grade school and competed through
his High School years. Web started teaching gymnastics in 1982 and
has been teaching ever since through various top gyms across the
country and world, including North Africa and Tunisia. Web worked
side by side with Olympic coaches Peter Kormen and Mark Williams and
with the Vice President of the USA Men’s gymnastics program Dennis
Macintyre. Additionally, Web was a USA Junior Olympic Judge. When Web
is not in the gym, he likes to go fishing and work in the garden.
Chance "Big Head" the Mascot