Andrew, originally from Illinois, moved to Denver with his fiancé to take advantage of the active Colorado lifestyle. He first discovered and used Crossfit as supplemental conditioning work for competitive Brazillion Jiujitsu but soon fell in love with the challenges, effectiveness and camaraderie of Crossfit. He eventually made the switch from the corporate world as a Software Auditor to being a fulltime Crossfit coach in Chicago for the past three years. He is a strong believer in constantly learning and honing his craft in order to help athletes reach their fullest potential.
Certification and Seminars
- Crossfit Level 2
- Crossfit Level 1
- Crossfit Movement and Mobility Trainer Course
- USA Weightlifting Level 1
- USA Track & Field Level 1
- Eleiko Olympic Lifting and Program Design
- UCanRow2 Indoor Rowing Certification
- Freestyle Movement Connection Seminar with Carl Paoli FuBarbell
- Biomechanics of Weightlifting Seminar Attitude Nation Level 1 Seminar with Jon North Juggernaut
- Powerlifting Clinic with Brandon Lill
- Brad is a transplant from NOLA and the co-owner of York Street CrossFit. He is a master electrician by trade and owner of Mile High Electric. He loves CrossFit and is the most seasoned, aka Oldest, athlete of the YSCF crew.
Erich was born and raised in Joliet, IL. He was a multi-spor t athlete until he decided
to focus on swimming which led to an athletic scholar ship to The Ohio State
Univer sity. Ashoulder injury forced him into ear ly retirement from competitive
swimming, but allowed him the oppor tunity to move to Denver and finish his college
education atMetro State Univer sity. Now he is happilymar r ied to Car ly and a proud
father of two children,Ender and Finley. During his recovery days from CrossFit,
you may find him golfing, sur fing, hiking or scuba diving.
With more than 10 years in the fitness industry, Jason’s dynamic approach and genuine commitment to his athletes’ success add to the effectiveness of the experience his clients enjoy.
A two time CrossFit Games competitor and reigning USA National Masters Weightlifting Champion, he knows a thing or two about building strength and athletic performance in both himself and his athletes. Personally, his love of competition drives Jason’s own training and he draws on his extensive experience in sports performance to bring out the best from all his athletes.
When Jason isn’t in the gym he’s probably playing soccer, hitting the slopes on his snowboard, climbing a cliff if it’s too warm to snowboard, playing chess, board games, and/or Battlefield 1… so pretty much playing every chance he gets. He’s new in town so if you have a group that does any of the above definitely invite him to join in!
Jason grew up on the south side of Chicago playing sports for much of his life. He attended the University of Colorado (Boulder) and graduated with a degree in Finance. After college, Jason spent 4.5 years as a Professional Futures Trader at the Chicago Board of Trade. Jason is an Attorney and an Investment Manager for Forecast Capital Management LLC. Jason has been CrossFitting since 2008 and has been coaching athletes for half of those years. He loves CrossFit for the challenge and for the joy it brings to his family's life. Jason enjoys playing golf, snowboarding, wakeboarding, downhill mountain biking, and drinking copious amounts of Colorado Craft Beer. Cheers!
- Jen grew as an Indiana Hoosier playing many sports throughout her younger years, volleyball, basketball, and track. She attended Purdue University to pursue her dream of educating kids with special needs. After teaching high school and middle school kids, Jen decided to continue her education and received her Masters degree in Early Childhood Special Education from Northeastern Illinois University. She has been a special education teacher for 10 years, with the last 5 years in the Cherry Creek School District. Her experience is vast working with ages (Early Childhood to high school) and abilities (intervention/Learning Disabilities to severe needs). Jen is a mom of 2 kids ages two and four years. She is a CrossFit level 1 coach and also specializes in coaching the ladies only classes.
Jess is a Denver transplant who was born and raised on Long Island, New York. Jess has been involved in athletics since the age of 3 and played Division I Lacrosse for the University of Cincinnati Bearcats. Jess then went to earn her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Stony Brook University and is a full-time pediatric physical therapist, working with children with special needs throughout the Denver area. She loves using her knowledge of anatomy, kinesiology, and rehabilitation to help the athletes at York Street CrossFit achieve their goals. In her spare time, Jess can be found exploring the wonderful mountains and breweries of Colorado with her soon-to-be husband (and YSCF member), Branson, Certifications: Doctor of Physical Therapy, Licensed Colorado Physical Therapist, CrossFit Level 1 Trainer, AHA AED/CPR certified.
Originally a Philadelphia native, and recently relocated from Illinois to Denver with her wife and two dogs, Sharon is the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator for the USA Wheelchair Rugby Program and the Paralympic team, as well as a National Presenter for National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA), instructing workshops throughout the US in areas of group exercise and strength training. She was
formerly a police officer, the first female SWAT operator in the state of West Virginia and was the fitness training coordinator for the Jefferson County SWAT team. She is a CrossFit Level 2 coach, CrossFit movement and mobility coach, USA Weightlifting Sports Performance coach, and comes to us by way of Sycamore CrossFit and the Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association (GLASA) where she worked with athletes in sport performance. She has a B.A. from Northeastern University and a Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology from Northern Illinois University with an additional graduate certificate in Adapted Physical Education. Sharon has been working in various sport and fitness
industries for 15 years.
Chance "Big Head" the Mascot