A few brief announcements…
1) Intra-gym competitions will be making a comeback! While hosting these over the summer we learned a few things. These competitions will be more structured, there will be judges for each competitor, there will be an RX and Scaled Division, and the Competition may have more than 1 event. Each event will be scored. Those of you that are interested in competing, but haven’t taken the plunge, this will be a great way to get the jitters out. Come Ready! Our first Competition will be in October, so stayed tuned!
2) We have created a Facebook Group called York Street CrossFit Friends. This group was created to keep everyone up to date on Competitions in the Denver area, Events hosting by YSCF, and any other happenings. Share any and all CrossFit or Non-CrossFit related info with your York Street CrossFit Community! Here is the link… https://www.facebook.com/groups/380995212031236/
3) We will be hosting a bunch of fun events outside of the gym. These events will be posted on our York Street CrossFit Friends page, so make sure you join the group so keep up to date on these fun events.
4) Goal Setting – For the next couple of weeks we are asking ALL of our members to write goal(s) you would like to achieve before year’s end. These goals will be written on the whiteboard as you walk into the main room. Please pick a spot and write down your goals. This will allow the coaches to keep track of your goals and progress. The coaches are there to help you reach those goals, so make sure you write on the whiteboard!!
5) Blog Postings – During the course of the year there will be blog posts on our main page that each of our coaches will author. These blog posts will be associated with CrossFit, Mobility, Olympic Lifting, Yoga, etc.
Whew! That was a mouthful. Anyway, Enjoy and have fun!!