We have a “new and improved” Jason at the box. He’s an awesome and experienced coach who starts leading classes today! Here’s some info about Jason, so you can get to know him better:
- Z Health Master Trainer
- Movement Therapy Specialist
- Founder of CrossFit Chapel Hill 2013
- Founder of Z-Fit Personal Training 2009
- CrossFit Games Affiliate Competitor 2010 and 2011 (finished 16th overall)
- Current Carolina State Weightlifting Champion 94K
- Current USA Masters National Weightlifting Champion 94K
Jason comes to us from CrossFit Chapel Hill, which he founded in 2013. He is widely recognized by his members for his expertise in diagnosing and correcting movement errors, a long running commitment to developing and integrating innovative fitness techniques into his CrossFit programming, and his cool demeanor on and off the competition floor. With more than 10 years in the fitness industry, Jason’s dynamic approach and genuine commitment to his athletes’ success add to the effectiveness of the experience his clients enjoy.
As one of fewer than a hundred Z Health Master Trainers, Jason has mastered the craft of neurologic movement restoration to move his athletes towards cleaner more efficient movement, eliminating pain and maximizing strength and speed. Simply put, teaching the brain to control the body in a more effective manner allows the body to perform at a higher level. Whether it is rehabbing an injured knee or maximizing stability and positioning in the bottom of a snatch improving overarching neural function dictates how well your body functions and how quickly you improve. The techniques he employs have produced huge and sometimes life-altering benefits in his athletes that have ranged from stay-at-home moms to busy professionals to Olympic and Professional Athletes.
A two time CrossFit Games competitor and reigning USA National Masters Weightlifting Champion, he knows a thing or two about building strength and athletic performance in both himself and his athletes. Personally, his love of competition drives Jason’s own training and he draws on his extensive experience in sports performance to bring out the best from all his athletes.
When Jason isn’t in the gym he’s probably playing soccer, hitting the slopes on his snowboard, climbing a cliff if it’s too warm to snowboard, playing chess, board games, and/or Battlefield 1… so pretty much playing every chance he gets. He’s new in town so if you have a group that does any of the above definitely invite him to join in!
In addition to coaching classes Jason will be available in a one-on-one setting to help you reach your personal specific goals:
- Personal Coaching (weightlifting, competition prep, specific skill development, etc.)
- Personal CrossFit program development
- Teen athletic development (if you have a teenager in sports ask him about this!)
- Injury rehabilitation and prevention – Think Kelly Starrett… but with more tricks and cooler tattoos (if you are hurting ask him about this!)