1. As many of you know, the CrossFit Open starts this Thursday. If you plan on competing, sign up closes Monday, March 3rd. The Open WODs are released every Thursday at 5 pm PT from here on out for the next 5 weeks. As such, York Street CrossFit will be programming Friday as the Open WOD that was released the day before. Anyone that is signed up for the Open may complete the WOD on Friday during any of the regular classes.
2. If you are unable to complete the Open WOD on Friday, you may come to York Street CrossFit on Saturday and complete the WOD between 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. We will have coaches there to keep score. If you can’t make either of those dates, you will have to schedule a time with one of the coaches to complete the WOD.
3. Run Club will be coming back to York Street CrossFit. We are waiting on the weather to be a little more consistent. We are thinking March or April. We will keep everyone in the loop.
4. Two new classes will be introduced tentatively on March 4th. These will incorporate the Indoor Cycles. We will have a complete layout of the classes along with what the class consists of. We should have all the details included in the next York Street CrossFit email.
5. During the CrossFit Open, Saturday classes will pretty much stay the same. Level 2 will be replaced with the CrossFit Open WOD. All Level 2 members may still come to that time and use the gym. The only difference is we won’t have a WOD programmed. Yoga and our Free CrossFit class are still at 10 a.m..
The WOD for February 25, 2014 is…
Happy Hour: Tabata Alternating Handstand Hold & Plank
Pre-Party: Split Jerk 6X3 (work up in weight – the last set should be the heaviest)
Party: 90 Seconds ME Doubleunders,
REST 1 MINUTE, then
12 Minute AMRAP of…
500 Meter Cycle
10 Box Jumps (24/20)
15 Wall Balls (L1 – 14/10) (L2 – 20/14)
*Score Doubleunders and AMRAP