Convenience is a great thing, especially with our busy daily lives. There are not many people that enjoy going to the grocery store on a weekly basis. It’s difficult to meal plan and prepare meals. It takes time. Many startup companies know that, and they have formulated a business plan to help alleviate some of that stress.
There are two main categories of meal delivery services. The first main category is pre-made meals that are delivered to your door. Most of these services require a certain amount of meals to be purchased. There are some that operate within the Denver area that do not have a minimum. Some of these companies are local and some operate on a national level. There are a few that abide by the paleo diet and some that abide by the concept of farm-fresh, healthy meals. Menu’s may change on a week to week basis. Below are some of the better ones.
1) Paleo on The Go – Paleo on the Go has an extensive menu. They are one of the larger paleo meal delivery services. As you probably guessed, they abide by the paleo diet. Everything they prepare is gluten free, dairy free, grain free, grassfed, and antibiotic free. They have meals plans and subscription services.
2) Eating Primal – Eating Primal is another delivery service that abides by the paleo diet. They are located in Colorado and only deliver to certain Colorado locations. They offer a 5 meal pack, 10 meal pack, or a la carte.
3) Noble Savage – Noble Savage also abides by the paleo diet. It’s located in Denver. All of their receipes contain no grains, milk, legumes, soy, added sweetners, or artificial products. They offer meal plans that come in 4 packs, 8 packs, or 28 packs. Their menu isn’t extensive, but it does change. Door to Door Organics deliver their meals directly to your home.
4) Caveman Chefs – Caveman abides by the paleo diet. It’s also located in Denver. They deliver and cater. Their meal plans are extensive, as is their menu. Their menu also changes with the seasons.
5) Honest Market – A new delivery service located in Denver, CO. This company is big on nutrition. They will be expanding to physical locations as well. Their menu is extensive and delicious. They will deliver to your door with a minimum order.
The second main category is fresh ingredients delivered to your door. These services provide the customer with original chef-inspired recipes and pre-portioned ingredients. The customer does the cooking. The benefit of this type of service is that nothing is frozen and everything is fresh, but you still have to cook the food. Below are some of the best services.
1) Blue Apron – Blue Apron is one of the largest in this category. They were recently valued at around $2 billion. They package the ingredients in boxes and send them directly to your home with step by step instructions on how to prepare the meal. They have an extensive menu and multiple meal plans.
2) Plated – Plated is a direct competitor to Blue Apron. Their process works the same way. They provide the customer with a box containing all the ingredients needed to prepare the meal. Pick from their chef-inspired recipes and they will provide you with the ingredients. Each week their chef prepares nine options for veggie, meat, and seafood lovers. So, there’s something for everyone.
3) Hello Fresh – This is another direct competitor of the above two services. A customer can choose from a number of different recipes, they box the ingredients with instructions on how to prepare, and then ship them direct to your door. They have recipes for meat or veggie lovers. Subscription services are also available.
4) Peach Dish – A little different than the above services. Every week Peach Dish offers four different seasonally inspired meals. Two are vegetarian and two are animal protein based. A standard box includes two servings of two of the week’s meals, for $50. A minimum of four servings is required for delivery. Their max delivery is 8 servings.
Finally, there are a number of healthy snack boxes that can be shipped each month that are hand picked and delivered to your home. These are great additions to the meal delivery service.
1) Mantry – Built for men. It’s a subscription service that scours the country for the top artisan food makers. They provide six amazing food products every month and curate them into a box.
2) Paleo Life Box – Every month they will send 8 to 10 snacks hand picked from the best Paleo companies on the planet. Some will be new and the rest will be tried and true favorites. It’s a subscription service that costs around $30/month.
3) Healthy Surprise – Caters to different nutritional lifestyles, including paleo. Boxes are delivered each month on a subscription basis or your can order a box a la carte.
4) Urthbox – A little different than the services shown above. You select a box size and choose from one month, three month, or 6 month subscriptions. Then select what your nutritional lifestyle is.
Hope this helps your search and alleviates some of the stress that meal planning can put on your daily life.